Well, I finally got around to finishing the pinstriping on the scooter. I had placed the side and rear stripe earlier, but had had such a stressful time of it I needed to walk away for a bit. Also, I was having a bit of a time coming up with a decent plan for the rest of the striping. It’s one thing to make it super-visible, and quite another to make it aesthetically pleasing in the daylight and at night. In the end, Tammy and I pounded out a good idea and we put the front striping on. I’ve posted pictures of it here.
The piece de resistance is the “S”: I used pencil and paper to make a rubbing of the Suzuki symbol on the front, and then used it as a stencil for cutting out some leftover material from when we did my helmet. It looks really, really good in daylight and is nice and reflective at night.